out into the wilderness, for forty days and forty nights, to be tempted. And after fasting he was hungry,
and along came the tempter,
"If you really are...turn these stones to bread..."
Stories are beautiful, especially the ones that are true and truly make sense of all our other stories. One time, after reading a particularly intriguing story, and realizing this for myself, I wrote the following. Now, a year later and re-realizing the same thing, I can't think of any new words. I'm only reminded that sometimes I need to be reminded of stories and other things I might have forgotten. So more for myself than anything, I am re-publishing a post from January 2007 so I can have it readily accessible when my page comes up, I've been tempted to waver throughout the day, and I need to be reminded to retell the stories that have made me, and the power they still have today.
28 January 2007
Lacking eloquent words,
stories fashioned who we are
thus far, we are becoming
what we have heard will come
remaining unknown
to some
a story is given.
A really good story.
Sometimes told by really good storytellers,
and sometimes by the not-so-good.
Yet,
it is only folly to the perishing.
It is wisdom
and power to the powerless.
06 February 2008
...He was then led
...
They call me Jamis
at
11:30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment